Welcome to the MegaSPEED Accelerator Client - powered by SlipStream.
Please select one of the choices below to help make you more familiar
with this client.
This section will assist you in step-by-step installation and operation of your Accelerator client including screenshots.
If you are looking for quick answers, please look at our 'FAQ' or 'Quick Installation and Usage Guide' sections.
Quick Installation and Usage Guide
This section will walk you through the steps required for the basic
installation and usage of the Accelerator. It is meant to help you
quickly install and begin using the MegaSPEED Web Accelerator. For more
detailed information please browse the sections below.
section gives the most frequently asked questions about this client. It
covers anything from an Overview to specific product details.
- Download the MegaSPEED.dmg file to your computer.
- After downloading MegaSPEED.dmg locate the file on your computer.
In most situations the downloaded file will be on your desktop.
- Double click on the MegaSPEED.dmg icon, this will create and open a volume named MegaSPEED Web Accelerator on your desktop.
- Double click on the MegaSPEED Web Accelerator.pkg icon located in the newly created volume.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the install of the
MegaSPEED Web Accelerator. Please note if you are not logged in with
administrative access the installer will prompt you for the
administrator username and password. You must supply this to continue
with the install.
- After following all on screen instructions the installation program will
inform you the software was installed. You can now close the installation
program by clicking on Close in the lower right corner. After closing the
installation program, enter your email address as the username into your
dialup settings - go to the Apple in the upper left hand corner of the
screen, click on it and pull down to System Preferences. Double click the
Network icon. Click on the PPP tab: go to username and enter the your whole
email address. Click on Save or Apply Now. Close the window. You may begin
using the MegaSPEED Web Accelerator.
- After installing the MegaSPEED Web Accelerator it will
automatically start. If you are not logged in with administrative
access it will prompt you for the administrator username and password.
You must supply this so the program can make required modifications to
your network settings.
- To use the MegaSPEED Web Accelerator you will need an active dial up
connection. After insuring you have a dial up connection established locate the
MegaSPEED Web Accelerator icon in the Applications Directory on your computer. To
start the accelerator double click on the icon.
- To begin surfing simply open your web browser and go to any site on the
Internet you would like. If you did not provide an administrator username and
password during the initial setup you may be prompted for one at this time. If
you receive any other messages when you attempt to use the accelerator please
refer the FAQ section. You can verify your connection is being accelerated by
watching the MegaSPEED image on the status screen of the accelerator program.
- To adjust the image quality the MegaSPEED Web Accelerator is set to simply
slide the bar located on the Images screen of the accelerator program. The two
sample images on that screen will change to show you how images on websites will
look at the current acceleration level. When you are done adjusting the image
quality setting click the apply bottom to save your changes.
- To discontinue use of the Accelerator click on the X icon in the upper left hand corner.