Comments about this web site?
webmaster at main.nc.us
help at main.nc.us
Question about your MAIN account?
accounts at main.nc.us
Interested in volunteering?
volunteer at main.nc.us
brochures at main.nc.us
MAIN National Access instructions
Upgrading your MAIN account, keeping the same email address:
- Download the "dialer" program to your computer. This program will identify the proper phone number for your computer to call from any location. Note that you should always verify that the number you receive is local to wherever you are calling from, because you are responsible for any toll calls. To download the dialer, right-click this link, save the program to your desktop, then go to the desktop (where all your icons are) and double-click to run it, then fill out the entries shown on-screen. You may need to close any other running programs first.
- If you are using Outlook Express, go to Tools-Accounts-Mail-Properties-Servers in that program and
change the name of the Outgoing mail server to smtp.main.nc.us, then click the dot for "My server requires authentication". Click the OK button, then the Close button on the Internet Accounts page.
- Other email programs may have slightly different procedures. If you encounter difficulty, contact our Help Desk.
Upgrading your MAIN account, using a new IndyLink address:
- Right-click this link, save the setup
program to your desktop, then go to the desktop (where all your icons are)
and double-click to run it. When the program launches, follow the directions on your screen. You may
need to close any other running programs first.
- Outlook Express and other email program users should not need to make any other changes. If you run into any trouble, though, contact our Help Desk.