Importing your AOL Address Book to Windows
Here are the steps to take to convert your existing AOL address book for use with a Windows-based email program:
- Save your address book to your Desktop as a 'pfc' file. (This will happen automatically.)
- Open that file in Microsoft Word or other word processing program.
- To replace all .comAOL with .com:
- Go to Edit => Replace in the Word menu.
- Then click in Find, and type .comAOL
- Click in Replace with and enter .com
- Delete all strange symbols and characters or blank lines.
- Go to File => Save As
- Save in .txt format.
- Quit Word or word processor.
- Go to the the Windows Start button => Programs => Accessories => Address Book
- Go to File => Import => Other Address Book
- Choose Text File (Comma Separted Values)
- Click Import
- Click Browse, locate and open the file you saved in instruction #6 above.