Mountain Area Information Network is pleased to offer an introductory web-design class on Wednesday, May 9, 6-8 p.m. at the Yancey campus of Mayland Community College. MAIN volunteer Al Nelson will lead this workshop and focus on creating basic webpages with Netscape Composer.
There is no charge to attend, but space is limited to 15 participants; so register early! You may register by calling 255-0182 or through e-mail. If leaving a voice message or sending e-mail to register, please be sure to include the following information:
- Daytime phone number
- Primary email address
- Are you a MAIN subscriber?
- Are you willing to volunteer?
Preference will be given to MAIN users who are willing to share their skills to help local nonprofit organizations develop and maintain websites.
The Yancey campus of Mayland Community College is located in Burnsville at the juncture of Rt. 8 and Hwy 19E.
To get there from Asheville:
- Take 19/23 North past the Mars Hill exit to the Burnsville Exit also marked as the 19E exit;
- Follow 19E approximately 16 miles and into Burnsville;
- Just before reaching Mayland, you will pass Glen Raven Mills on your left and High Country Ford on your right.
- Mayland is next to Travel Connection on your left -- look for tan storage buildings and a small strip mall. If you get to Mt. Mitchell Hotel, you've gone too far.
- The computer lab is the building with the white double doors.