Club By Laws
unite, promote and encourage metal detecting.
2. To preserve the hobby/sport of metal detecting.
3. To encourage members to work responsibly within the detectors
code of conduct.
4. To facilitate a spirit of co-operation between museums, archaeologists,
hostorical research societies and other fellow detectorists, with the
aim of opening up a wider range of activities for members.
1. Held on the fourth Friday of each month (No meeting
in Dec) at the west Asheville community center.
2. For a vote to be taken on a motion that has been brought before the
meeting group will require that only MEMBERS vote.
3. Only one vote per member.
4. All officers have the right to vote.
5. Voting shall be a show of hands.
1. There must be at least two officers and half of the
membership present to vote on a major subject.
1. Rules may be changed, added to or deleted at any time
upon recommendation of the officers and subject to being approved by
a majority vote.
1. Dues will be required from each member before they take
part in any club activities.
2. The amount of dues may be altered at any time upon the recommendation
of the officers and a majority vote.
3. Dues entitle the payee to vote at the meetings and particiapte in
any club activities.
4. Payment of the dues ($25.00 per person) will be due no later than
the February meeting on current members Family (2) $35.00
EXPULSION OF MEMBERS:
1. A member may be expelled for bring the club or the hobby
into disrepute, for breach of club rules, or any act considered to be
not in the interest of the body of the membership.
2. A member under threat of expulsion must be given notice of the nature
of the complaint, and the right to reply to the officers. Who then will
consider the case before making a recommendation. Then a vote would be
1. The contest runs from Jan. to June then July to Nov.
2. Each entry is $2.00. The winner of the contest that night gets 1/2
of the dollar entrees for the night.
3. You may enter one item per category. They are coin, jewelry, relic,
and misc. (Relic category is for military finds only).
4. Your entry must have been found since the last meeting that you
attended, and MUST be found while using a metal detector.
5. Each entry awards you points that accumulate for the end of the
contest prizes. You get points even if you do not win the money. 2
points per entry, 3 extra points if you are the nights winner. You
can also earn points by bringing a visitor. 2 if they just visit and
1 more if they join the club.
6. Contest prizes are awarded at the June and Nov. Meetings.
1. By Laws shall be binding upon members of the Blue Ridge
Metal Dectectors Club until revised.
Remember you get 2 points per entry and you don't have to be the big
winner to come out ahead at the end of the contest. Just
be consistent with your entries and the points will add up.